Monday 20 October 2008

Receptionist with a smile is hospital employee of the month

A RECEPTIONIST in Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, has won the NHS trust’s October employee of the month award.
Marcia Derrick works in the haematology and oncology day unit.
She was nominated by colleague Debbie Curtis and selected from 37 nominations made by trust staff during the month.
Debbie said: “Marcia works above and beyond the call of duty. She had to work alone for several months earlier this year and still managed to ensure an extremely high level of service to the patients, as well as supporting medical secretaries like me when we needed it.
“She is always cheerful and has a smile for all of our patients, which is so important as she is often the first face that patients see when they come into the department.
“She also knows exactly where everything is, making her a real gem of a receptionist, one of the best I have ever seen in action.”
Marcia said: “I was stunned when I heard I had won this award. I have worked at Musgrove for seven years and have always loved my work, but I was really pleased to be recognised in this way.
“I do like to try and make patients feel welcome and at ease if I can.
“Nobody wants to be in hospital, but if I can contribute to making somebody’s experience that bit better, then that is really satisfying.”
  • Our photograph shows Marcia Derrick (left) receiving her award and flowers from Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust chairman Ros Wyke. Photo contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.