Sunday, 20 January 2008

Women hurt as tumble drier catches alight

TWO women were treated by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Minehead during the evening of Sunday, January 20.
They had been in the property in Ash Grove when a tumble drier caught alight and started to fill the house with smoke shortly after 8 pm.
Two fire and rescue crews from Minehead Fire Station attended the incident, along with an ambulance crew.
The firefighters tackled the blaze using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet, as well as a positive pressure ventilation fan.
It took more than half-an-hour to bring the incident under control and put out the fire, although damage to the property was restricted to the room containing the tumble drier.
An electrical fault on the tumble drier was thought to have been the cause of the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.